I am pretty new to the blogging world. As a newbie, I am constantly finding fresh and exciting aspects of this world that peak my interest. My favorites so far:
- Blog Parties (aka Meet and Greets, Link-ups, Blog round-ups)
- Blog Challenges
- Blog Parties: Blog parties are meetups for blogs of all shapes and sizes. They are hosted by a blogger and are a great place to share your blog and find new blogs to follow. I have met so many new bloggers through these link-ups! Keep your eyes open for one!
- Blog Challenges: I love a good challenge! I like to stretch myself and try new things. I also find that I sometimes have writer’s block and need a little outside inspiration. Here is where the beauty of weekly challenges comes in. Many bloggers will post weekly challenges. You can find a challenge on just about any topic. Dogs?- Yep! Poetry- You bet! Photography- Heck, yes!
Another beauty to challenges is that you often get traffic from bloggers with similar interests that you would not otherwise get to meet.
One place I have been wanting to challenge myself is my photography. Therefore, I have joined in a couple photography challenges recently:
- Cee’s Photography– She is an amazing photographer and has a variety of challenges, not all of which have to include photography.
- De Monte Y Mar– Lovely blogger who writes about a variety of topics and hosts a weekly Tuesdays of Texture photo challenge.
- Dutch Goes The Photo!– Beautiful photography mixed with a fun weekly challenge each Tuesday. Love that the topic changes each week to keep things interesting!
- Thursday Doors on Norm 2.0– Another wonderful photographer who has a photography challenge completely focused on the beauty of doors and windows.
Searching for other ways to challenge yourself? Check out the WordPress Blog Event Listing, for a list of challenges and other events.